So I consulted with an Australian Media Celebrity here in my office last week. First of all we had a blast.. This guy is at the top of his game because he’s smart. He rocks up with note pads, laptop and gifts for me.
The meeting is about getting his celebrity happening online. There is so much content out there in the world about this guy, but he owns none of it.
Thus getting his content online which he owns and controls 100%
The short term strategy is to leverage existing commitments that get his face in front of millions of people and at the same time using that air time to push people to his new YouTube Channel. Obviously to start building subscribers..
What really blew my mind is how far behind existing mainstream media is, in relation to online content.
We had a 2 hour meeting, which is lots of content from me for him to consume, so we get together in another 2 weeks, let all that info settle in and then we’ll formulate a strategy moving forward, in terms of what types of content to produce and which of all the media platforms to use, to distribute his content.
The reason for this post is about HOM
During this consult he said he wasn’t happy with the website, that someone made for him, that was supposed to know what they were doing. We had a look at it afterwards and its a Wix . com website, its a shocker LOL
His main complaint was, when you type his name in Google, His site is no where to be found. The front page of google is taken up with other companies that own his content.
But, the good news is. Name in URL and the site title has his name. The rest of the website is utter garbage, in terms of the source code and structure.
So without telling him.. I solved that problem for him. We had the meeting on Thursday. This morning after I ran 2 sessions of HOM , downloaded a video from his site. copy and pasted content from his site into the description field of HOM . first session created 4 videos (Thursday night) then 15 video on Saturday. (Using one of my Generic YouTube Accounts)
So this resulted in hitting Page 1 this morning for his his own website when searching for his name.. I’ll do some more runs and get it up the top of Page 1.
The reason for this story is:
1. With the information you’ve learned here, you can blow away people with your knowledge about content and YouTube in particular.
2. You need to be passionate about it. It was my passion about YouTube, especially moving forward that got him to come over for the meeting.
3. You are in a position right now to Consult with people, as another means of revenue. Consulting is awesome, it gets people into your world. If people are keen to pay for a consult, they are green as, when it comes to online. You have an amazing amount of information to new people and you’ll come across like a Genius, like I did and do all the time. This stuff isn’t rocket science, but to newbies it certainly is. I was explaining my role in this arrangement to the client and was about to say “Educator” but he cut me off and said “Mentor” , which was cool and I then knew I’d done everything pretty well up to this point.
4. Gave me the opportunity to show him I really am a Genius, by getting his site on Page 1 in under a week. If there were any doubts in his mind, they are gone now.. When he’s referring me to his friends, its a nice talking point to push me to his friends. e.g. I had a meeting with Pete, next thing I know my website is on Page 1 and I didn’t even ask him. I could do this because it so simple to do, a total time investment on my part of litterally 15 mins to create a quicky profile in HOM , then start it, then 2 days later, just restart HOM and load profile and create 15 videos.. like a total of 25 mins of my time produced those results which completely blow a client away. Not to mention its a massive client and will result in a ton of referrals as well over time.
5. Getting this celebrity in control of his own content is life changing for this guy. It will be easy for him to build subscribers or a following online. He’s already got one, but he doesn’t own that content, so we’ll devise simple strategies to get those fans from existing media into his YT channel and podcast. Over the years he’s represented a LOT of Sponsors and Advertisers. Once he’s built his online following, they’ll all come to him plus others and he can charge what he likes, and work with whom he likes. He’ll be in complete control of his business. And be in a position to create the content “HE” wants to make and knows what his followers want.
All the information I’ve supplied to members here is more than enough to duplicate what I did in this consult. You guys can do the same. And you can also blow people away using HOM like I did to provide a bunch of added value to seal deals in a quick and simple way.
Let me know your thoughts below in the comments.!!
Feel free to ask any questions.